The Committee for Private Education (CPE) was appointed by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Board in October 2016 to carry out its functions and powers relating to private education under the Private Education Act. The CPE is supported by a team of dedicated staff from SSG to regulate the sector, provide student services, consumer education and facilitate capability development efforts to uplift standards in the local private education industry.
In compliance with the regulations, Kindle Kids International School (KKIS) has customized and implemented a comprehensive set of policies and procedures.
All students are briefed on the critical information at the point of enrolment and during the Student Orientation programme. Details of the policies are also available on the Standard PEI-Student Contract and Student Handbook.
KKIS implemented the following policies and procedures:
The student contract is a critical document that governs the relationship between KKIS and the student. KKIS ensures that students understand and agree to the terms and conditions stated in the student contract and Advisory Note before signing it. It needs to be signed before the course fee is paid.
KKIS adopts CPE Standard Student PEI-Student contract (Version 3.1) for all students recruited. KKIS will honour all terms and conditions spelt out in the contract and in all communication materials.
Click here to view a sample copy of the Student Contract and Advisory Note.
- A course withdrawal refers to a student discontinues all courses with KKIS, and the Student Contract is terminated.
- The parent has to settle all the outstanding fee of the existing course and returned outstanding property such as library books.
- The parent notifies the Student Admission and Support (SAS) Staff the withdrawal request at least 2 months before the last day of school via email.
- After receiving the withdrawal request, the SAS Staff shall acknowledge the email and attached the Course Withdrawal Form within 2 working days.
- The SAS Staff and respective School Coordinator and/or Head of School (HOS) arrange to meet up with the parent to understand the rationale of request if necessary.
- If the Withdrawal is confirmed, the parent fills up the Course Withdrawal Form and submit to SAS Staff.
- The SAS Staff submits the Course Withdrawal Form to School Coordinator for signature and HOS for approval.
- The SAS Staff sends an Email Notification for course withdrawal to the parent.
- The SAS Staff terminates the existing Student Contract.
- If refund is required, follow the Refund Procedure.
- The withdrawal process will be completed within 4 weeks to effect the course withdrawal.
Course Transfer Policy
- KKIS allows students to transfer from one course to another course within KKIS.
- All parents must made in writing by completing the Course Transfer Form.
- A parent’s request for transfer can only processed if the student fulfil all the admission requirements of the new course, has completed the payment for all outstanding fees of the existing course (if any) and return outstanding property (if any) such as library books etc.
- In the event of a change of course, a new Student Contract shall be executed between KKIS and the parent to reflect the change of course and the old student contract should be terminated.
- The parent applies course transfer by filling up the Course Transfer Form and submit it to the Student Admission and Support (SAS) Staff.
- The SAS Staff and School Coordinator carries out a consultation with the students and check that the student satisfies the entry requirements of the requested course.
- The HOS/Principal receives and approves the Course Transfer Form if the entry requirements are met and an Email Notification for course transfer will be given to student.
- KKIS and student follow the student selection and admission procedures.
- If refund is required, follow the Refund Procedure
- The transfer process will be completed within 4 weeks to effect the course transfer.
KKIS does not allow any deferment of course. Any related cases would be treated as withdrawal instead.
Kindle Kids International Schools (KKIS) has adopted a fair and equitable refund policy for any payment made and it covers the following terms and conditions:
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course
KKIS will notify the student within three (3) working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- KKIS will provide the Student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the Student Contract has been signed by both parties.
- KKIS does not commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date;
- KKIS terminates the Course before the course Commencement Date;
- KKIS does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- KKIS terminates the course before the Course Completion Date;
- KKIS has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry requirements as set by KKIS stated in the Scheduled A of the standard student contract within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
- The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) (if applicable).
The student/parent/guardian will be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the student/parent/guardian decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons:
If the Student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those stated in Clause 2.1 of the Student Contract, KKIS will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on the refund table in Schedule D of the Student Contract. The refund table is as below:
|% of [the amount of fees paid under Schedules B and C]||If Student’s written notice of withdrawal is received:|
|80%||more than 30 days before the Student’s Course Commencement Date|
|40%||before, but not more than 30 days before the Student’s Course Commencement Date|
|0%||after, but not more than 0 days after the Course Commencement Date|
|0%||more than 0 days after the Course Commencement Date|
Refund During Cooling-Off Period:
KKIS will provide the Student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the Contract has been assigned by both parties.
The Student will be refunded the highest percentage (stated in Schedule D) of the fees already paid if the Student submits a written notice of withdrawal to the PEI within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not.
Non-refundable fees are miscellaneous fees, transport fees and registration fees
- The students apply for course withdrawal before the Course Commencement Date or during the Cooling Off Period, the students request for refund by completing the Refund Request Form and submit it to the Student Admission and Support (SAS) Staff.
- For students under 18 years old, their parent’s or guardian’s signature is needed.
- The SAS Staff submits to Finance Staff for processing.
- The Finance Staff compute the refund amount and submit to Department Head for approval.
- Upon approval, Finance Staff disburse the refund amount and notifies the students on the computation of the refund amount via registered email together with the Bank Slips
- The refund process to be completed within 7 working days from the date of submission.
Dispute Resolution Policy
KKIS gives top priority to student’s well-being and satisfaction. KKIS is to seek feedback from its stakeholders for continual improvement of its systems and processes.
Parents are encouraged to contact KKIS immediately if have any feedback, complaints, or suggestions. KKIS will investigate and resolve complaints within twenty-one (21) working days. In the event that the dispute is unresolved, KKIS and parents can refer the matter to Small Claims Tribunal (SCT) or Singapore Mediation Centre (SMC) or Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb) through Committee for Private Education Student Service Centre (CPE- SSC) for mediation.
All evaluations and feedback will be properly recorded and treated in strictest confidence.
- Parents who would like to submit their feedback may approach Student Admission and Support (SAS) Staff to request for a Feedback Form and drop the completed Feedback Form in the Suggestion Box located at Reception Counter.
- Upon receipt of the feedback from parents, the SAS Staff gives an acknowledgement or initial responses to the feedback within 3 working days.
- The SAS Staff will review the feedback received and discuss with the relevant parties on issues raised. A formal investigation will be carried out if necessary.
- The relevant parties provide a solution with appropriate action.
- If the solution rendered was deemed satisfactory, the SAS Staff will file and use this information for management review for continuous improvement
- If the solution given was deemed unsatisfactory, the matter will be escalated and reviewed by the Management Team. A proposal with the appropriate action will be taken within 21 working days.
- If the parent still not satisfied with the solution, parents may approach the Committee for Private Education Student Service Centre (CPE-SSC) to report the dispute. Options for the parent are:
- File case with Small Claims Tribunal (SCT);
- Participate in CPE Mediation-Arbitration Scheme – Referred to Singapore Mediation Centre (SMC) if cannot reach a settlement, can progress to, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb);
- Engage own legal counsel
Click here to view the Privacy Statement